Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Chief Administrative Officer
Salary: Ranging from $35,000 to $40,000. Based on experience and qualifications.
Hours of Work: Regular hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm with a one-hour lunch break.
Location: Town of Carberry
Reporting to the CAO of Municipality of North Cypress-Langford, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for the day to day front line operations of the Municipality. This position requires a positive attitude, outgoing personality, attention to detail, and experience working in an office environment. General duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
General Duties: – Answering and directing incoming telephone calls
- Greet ratepayers and other visitors to the office
- Receipting money and preparing bank deposits
- Keying of Accounts Payables
- Accounts receivables
- A/R Invoicing
- Journal entries
- Balancing bank statements
- Year-end procedures
- Assisting with yearly budget
- Other general office duties
Office Environment – regularly demanding and stressful when dealing with deadlines, stakeholder conflicts and Council member expectations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Well organized.
- High degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to schedule employee workloads efficiently.
Knowledge and Experience:
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a general office environment.
- Experience in Supervision of office staff.
- Working knowledge with accounting software plus proficiency in MS Office Computer Software such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Working Experience with accounting processes.
- Knowledge of current legislation (Municipal Act, Planning Act).
- Experience working with elected councils or board of directors.
- Grade 12
- Graduate of the Certificate in Manitoba Municipal Administration Program
- Certificate/Diploma in accounting
- Additional certificate in office administration is an asset.
For more information, or to apply, please contact:
CAO, Municipality of North Cypress-Langford
This posting is open to all interested candidates, however, preference will be given to current Municipality of North Cypress-Langford employees.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
This competition will close on December 11th, 2020.