Manager of Leisure Services
Job Title: Manager of Leisure Services
Reports to: Town of Carberry & Municipality of North Cypress-Langford CAO’s
Salary: $39,000 – $43,000 plus full benefit and pension package after probationary period. Based on experience and qualifications.
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week, some evening and weekend work required, flex time agreement will be in place
Location: Town of Carberry/Municipality of North Cypress-Langford
Reporting to the CAO’s, the Manager of Leisure Services will be responsible for the provision of recreation programming within the Town of Carberry and Municipality of North Cypress-Langford areas. The Manager will also be responsible for scheduling at the CPCC, Carberry Ball Park, and other areas as assigned by the CAO. The Manager will work closely with the Carberry & Area Parks and Recreation Board, as well as the Manager of Parks, Facilities, & Sanitation. Work with other community liaisons, such as Service for Seniors and Arts, will also be a big part of this position. A detailed job description will be available on request.
- Develop and implement recreation programs to ensure that residents have access to sport, recreation and leisure activities
- Promote upcoming recreation events within the community
- Continually assess the effectiveness of recreation and leisure programs and the needs of the community, and develop programming based on those assessments
- Facility bookings for the Carberry Plains Community Center, including, but not limited to, the arena, curling club, pool, and classroom
- Management of part-time and seasonal department and pool staff
- Booth financials; paying casual help, paying bills, keeping track of deposits and account balances
- Long-term planning and forecasting for budgets and strategic plans for all departments under this position
- Policy and Procedure development for the department
- Grant application writing for department projects
- Work with the CAO’s, Financial Officer, and the Board in the development and management of department budgets and financials
- Prepare reports to Councils and the Board on a regular basis
- Act as the Secretary for the Recreation Board
- Other required duties, as outlined in the job description
- Bachelor of Recreation Management & Community Development or an equivalent amount of education and/or experience
- Grant writing experience
- Experience working with Councils and Boards in a similar environment
- Previous experience in a supervisory or management role
- Experience in budget development and maintenance in a not-for profit or local government environment
- Outgoing and friendly personality
- Exceptional ability to work with user groups from children to seniors
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent education
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Above average computer skills, including Office programs
The successful candidate will be asked to provide a satisfactory criminal record check, as well as a vulnerable sector query.
For more information, or to apply, please contact:
CAO, Municipality of North Cypress-Langford
This competition is open to all interested applicants, however, extra consideration will be given to current employees of the Town of Carberry and Municipality of North Cypress-Langford.
Deadline to apply is June 2, 2020, at 4pm
Carberry Plains Cemetery is accepting applications for a seasonal laborer to assist with mowing, weeding, general maintenance and grave digging. This seasonal position will run from June till September. Some weekends may be required.
Questions and applications please contact:
Trish Fraser, CAO